Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby PairOfBlanks » Wed Jan 07, 2026 2:13 am

Hi,

I'm trying to isolate a specific situation. I'm trying to make a custom column to count times where:

- nobody raised preflop
- player didn't bet or raise on the flop preceding the call (may have checked, though)
- player made a call on the flop

My expression so far is:

sum(if[lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'C%' and
lookup_actions_f.action != 'BC' and
lookup_actions_f.action != 'RC' and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise = false and
tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0, 1, 0])

I have a hand where, verified by hand report, the flop action string is 'BC' for bet and call (with nothing before or afterwards) and it makes a false positive here. I have no idea why. Are there any better ways to accomplish this?

As an aside, I get a "The statement is not valid SQL" error when I try to validate with an extra line break after ... != 'RC' and [linebreak]. I have no ideas, again. That's why it's so messy. This, at least, validates. Have a great 2026.
PairOfBlanks
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby PairOfBlanks » Wed Jan 07, 2026 5:02 am

PairOfBlanks wrote:false positive here.


false negative, rather.
PairOfBlanks
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby PairOfBlanks » Wed Jan 07, 2026 5:26 am

No, false positive.
PairOfBlanks
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 07, 2026 7:45 am

I can't reproduce this false positive you mentioned with your expression and I don't see how this could be occurring. If you could please provide a hand history and screenshots for clarity.

PairOfBlanks wrote:lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'C%'

This part of the expression explicitly tests for the players first flop action being a call and that doesn't return any hands for me where the players first action was a bet. Also testing for the first action being a call means you won't count any hands where the player checked and then called a bet. Finally there isn't anything here to say that the first call was versus a bet and not a raise.

PairOfBlanks wrote:Are there any better ways to accomplish this?

Code: Select all
sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 and lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(C%|XC%)', 1, 0])
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby PairOfBlanks » Wed Jan 07, 2026 2:51 pm

Thanks, your code works as intended.

For future search engine users, this also seems to work for the fold case (though 'F%' seems pointless, it also seems harmless). I unchecked the "cache" checkbox in the custom columns section, committed my changes, quit both PT4 and my poker client, and then restarted both. At least one of these steps appears to matter, from my experience.
PairOfBlanks
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Custom Stat For Calling Flop Bet in a Limped Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 08, 2026 5:27 am

PairOfBlanks wrote:I unchecked the "cache" checkbox in the custom columns section

I'd recommend enabling that option so the statistics can use the database cache:

Guide: Database Caching

Also after creating or editing any custom columns that use the cache you should rebuild it via 'Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild'.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests