Page 1 of 2

Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 am
by random
Hi,
I tried importing from PT3 db, but it just kept saying unknown limit etc, and after looking through the forum it seems like I had to set regional settings to US.

Anyway, I changed that, and now I am doing import from a folder and it is taking kinda forever. 5000 hands so far in 15 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

What kind of import speeds are others achieving?

[ img ]

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 am
by PJs Ronin
meh... delete. Misread your post.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:49 am
by WhiteRider
The development team are working on the Regional Settings issue and I'm told there should be another release later today with a fix.
I'm not sure that the import speeds you're seeing are related to that, though - I haven't seen import speeds that low in PT4 so please compress the files that you're importing and attach them to a Support ticket. Post the ticket number here and we'll investigate straight away to see why this import is so slow.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am
by random
I attached whole folder as I selected it in PT4 to import hands from a folder

http://www.pokertracker.com/contact/tic ... _id=115421

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 am
by trixilw
I am importing now, and I got 32h/s. Not so fast, but all my hands are sng-s and I think the import must handle the summaries too.
At the end, imported 15k hands in 10 minutes.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am
by WhiteRider
It seems that the main delay is related to using the Automatically Apply Treat As option, which is required if you play short-handed tables at sites like 888 which do not specify the table sizes in their hand histories.
If you only play full ring (9 or 10 seat tables), which appears to be the case from your hands, then you can disable that option and that will speed up your imports significantly. Configure > Site and Import Options > Preferences.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 am
by kraada
Summaries are going to be slower than individual hands - there's a lot of work to do while we import a summary.

But remember: These hand import speeds include housekeeping now - which is a big plus for everyone.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am
by Josh
If you import 1,000 tournament summaries, the H/S measurement is going to be much lower, because no hands are being imported. We debated even removing the h/s measurement because it can be misleading.

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:36 am
by random
That seemed to be the case. I noticed there is a popup that says "it might take more time depending on options selected". Maybe you could add a link that would take you directly to Configuration>Preferences, or atleast mention it in the popup. As it is now you cant tell where those options are.

Anyway here are the results now, difference in time is huge. 40 minutes for 5k hands, then 2 minutes for 2.5k hands.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Re: Import speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am
by oracle3001
It seems that the main delay is related to using the Automatically Apply Treat As option, which is required if you play short-handed tables at sites like 888 which do not specify the table sizes in their hand histories.


Could you please list which sites this is required for and which it isn't. As I just did a big import and it was fairly slow, and if I don't need this option on I am certainly going to turn it off and see how much of a difference it makes.