Combine PostgreSQL DB and Access DB

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Combine PostgreSQL DB and Access DB

Postby jethro87 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 pm

I have two databases at the moment, on different computers. I have postgreSQL db on my laptop, which is by far the larger one and most current. I am now mainly playing on my desktop, which has an old Access database. How can I transfer my laptop postgreSQL database onto my desktop? Thanks a bunch.
jethro87
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Combine PostgreSQL DB and Access DB

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 pm

You have to do a backup on the laptop, take the file to the desktop and restore. See the bottom of this FAQ
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1369

Once it's restored, to combine the data from the Access db into the PostgreSQL db you have to export the hands from Access and import them into the PostgreSQL db...
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/arc ... e+database
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests