Page 1 of 1

Strange error installing PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:23 am
by Keifullstop
Hi,
I have pt2 hold'em...I've just decided to convert from access to postgresql...I was following the instruction under the "documentation" part of PTHEv2 on how to install postgresql on your site when after submitting the second password (in the "Initialise database cluster" window...) i got this weird error...

"The PostgresSQL data directory must be on a NTFS formatted volume. If you wish to install the data directory on another type of partition(which is not recommended and it's unsupported) you must initialise the database cluster manually by running initdb.exe"

And i can't absolutely go forward....Before saying anything else my pc is completely "normal"...XP, no partition, first time i install postgres...I really don't know what to do...Suggestions/help?...Thanks a lot...

Re: Strange error installing PostgreSQL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 am
by ptrack pat
You would have to convert the drive to NTFS instead of FAT, see here
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=22833&highlight=ntfs+convert