Error Msg

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Error Msg

Postby Nwit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:09 am

When I opened PT this morning I got this:

“Poker Tracker needs to create an index on the PLAYERS table to help with the speed of some queries. Depending on the size of your database, this could take a little while to complete so please let the process run until you are notified that it has finished.”

When I click on “OK” I get this error message:

“Error creating index ‘players_idx_03’ . The error was:

7 – SQLSTATE = 25P02

ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block; Error while executing the query.”

I have PT v2, Windows XP

How do I proceed?

Thanks,
Nwit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:54 am

When was the last time you used PT before this? It shouldn't be giving this message unless it thinks the index is missing so either you haven't used PT for a while or there is a problem with the db that the index is missing.

When did you last backup this PostgreSQL database?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby Nwit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:59 am

I closed PT yesterday and everything was working fine. It's been a couple of months since I have done a backup.
Nwit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 am

You can try reindexing as detailed here
http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/arc ... ex+pgadmin

You can just reindex the PLAYERS table as that is the one causing the error.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby Nwit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:41 am

When I open "pgAdminIII I do not see "PostgreSQL 8.0 database server..." just two files, docs, and i18n. There is also a notepad doc called pgAgent
Nwit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:54 pm

I don't understand what you are opening but that doesn't sound anything like pgAdmin.

Go to the Start menu and select Programs > PostgreSQL > pgAdmin III

This should open a window where you can connect to the database. What does the title bar of the window say?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby Nwit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:18 pm

I go to program files>PostgreSQL>8.2>pgAdmin III> there are only 2 files. docs and i18n plus a notpad doc.

There is no file called "PostgreSQL 8.0 database server" in either of those 2 files.

I have run a "find" on c drive for "PostgreSQL 8.0 database server" with no results.
Nwit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:55 pm

It doesn't say to go to the "program files" folder, it says to go to the Start menu and select Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > pgAdmin III and it should open the pgadmin program.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby Nwit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Sorry!

I got to the file and right clicked on maintenance and got this error.

ERROR: could not open relation 1663/16403/17077: no such file or directory

Then repeats 21 times

I then closed the file.

Tried to export and this ERROR appeared:

Select error: SQLSTATE = 25p02
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block; Error while executing the query
Nwit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Error Msg

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:52 am

I would suggest then that the db is corrupted.

Try using the Utilities > Export Hand Histories To File window to export all the hands since the date of your last backup to text files.

Then use the Utilities > PostgreSQL Database Functions window to restore the last .backup file you made.

Then you can reimport all of those text files exported in the first step using the File > Auto-Import... > Generic Setup window.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Next

Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests