Page 1 of 1

Vista Home Premium...how to install PostgresSQL?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 pm
by jakkim
I have Vista Home Premium and can not install PostgreSQL for the life of me. I have read several articles online but I can not get passed downloading the software. After unzipping the downloaded file it says it can't fine the MSI file, and I have no idea what to do. I have turned off UAC and can not access the local/group folder to log in as the administrator, I can't even add the snap in. All I have done is download the file and I'm stuck...sad

Re: Vista Home Premium...how to install PostgresSQL?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:54 pm
by ptrack pat
What email was used to purchase PT2? I have no record of this email address used for the site.

Re: Vista Home Premium...how to install PostgresSQL?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:47 am
by Hapina
Hi,

I didn't want to make a new topic so i will post this here. I just purchased the PT3 but i want to use PT2 i have both installed and i have postgreSQL 8.3 installed. I have no hands in PT2 and i want to start it with postgreSQL database. So the question is what shall i do now?

Re: Vista Home Premium...how to install PostgresSQL?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 am
by ptrack pat
Use the Utilities > PostgreSQL Settings window to enter your PostgreSQL information.
If the ODBC Entry To Use field has nothing in it then see here
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5669

The see steps 2-5 in the "After PostgreSQL is installed" section here
http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT ... InstallSQL

Re: Vista Home Premium...how to install PostgresSQL?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:08 pm
by Hapina
Thanks, it is working now.