Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby rusex69 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:24 am

Hello, just wanted to know if I have the lattest version of PostgreSQL, how do I check that? and if I have an older version where do I get the new one?
Thanks
rusex69
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Re: Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:54 am

What email did you use to purchase PT2? I have no record of this email address used for the forum.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby rusex69 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am

My brother did, I think [email protected],
and with this one I purchased PT3
rusex69
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Re: Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am

8.3 is the latest version of PostgreSQL. Open the Start > Setttings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs window and find PostgreSQL in the list there, it will tell you what version it is.

If you install a new version of PostgreSQL the only way to convert over to it is to enter the new settings on the PostgreSQL Settings window in PT, then backup your old PostgreSQL databases using the PostgreSQL Database Functions window and then use those backup files to restore into the newer PostgreSQL.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby rusex69 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:41 am

Ok I have 8.0 is it necessary to upgrade to 8.3?
And PT3 already integrated comes with the newest version so I dont have to do anything there right?
Thanks
rusex69
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Re: Which PostgreSQL do I have?

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:20 pm

No, you don't have to. If 8.0 is working fine for you then I wouldn't worry about it.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests