SQL dosen´t work with SP1, Vista problems, sick

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

SQL dosen´t work with SP1, Vista problems, sick

Postby awa81 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:56 pm

I have used PT2, SQL and Vista for and long time and everything has worked fine with dual screens on GeForce 8800
I woke up this sunday and one screen was black. Then only thing that happend was that SP1 had been download/installed. I spent 10 hours on uninstalling, repair windows, and finaly format c: then it all statred to work again, I installed PT2 , SQL and SP1, sucess until i reboot, and quess what, one screen goes black again.

On monday I left my computer to a shop, they change the grafic card to MSI NX 8800 GTS. Installed vista whit SP1 and told me it works perfect with dual screens. cost me 500$
This morning I picked up my computer and everything was running good untill, the first thing I did, was installing PT2 and SQL, guess what, one screen turns black after reboot.

Then I get it, don't know how but SQL 2.8 fuck up my grafic card with vista SP1. I unistall SQL 2.8 and both screens, reboot and both screens works again!!
But I still want PT2 and SQL on my poker computer so I try so i try to install latest SQL 3.3 and everythings seems to be good for I while but then one screen black again and my computer freaks out.

This is so wierd., and now i´m on format c: for the 5:e time and installing vista again.

But I will never install SQL again untill I get a good answer here. I have spent like 2-4 days on this problem now and is so sick., I´m sure that Vista SP1 whit SQL = problems whith = Gefroce 8800 ot MSI NX 8800 GTS
awa81
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: SQL dosen´t work with SP1, Vista problems, sick

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:07 pm

I've never seen anything like this from any other user. I also don't support PostgreSQL, I suggest you check their site
http://www.postgresql.org for answers to this question.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: SQL dosen´t work with SP1, Vista problems, sick

Postby awa81 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

I have never spent this much time and a bug like this in my whole life.

I have e-mailed there bug report
awa81
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests