Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby DRedstone » Mon May 26, 2008 2:48 pm

OK.

History. My computer monitor has busted (an expensive bad beat) and its in the shop. So I'm using the shop replacment and trying to rebuild everything again.
Was running PT2 on MY computer running a postgresSQL darabase for a couple of month.
From MY computer I copied postgresSQL folder to my HD.
Am having a little problems installing postgresSAL on the replacement computer (problem is in the Service page - when I leave as is, the application says that the account does not exist and ask if I like to create it. After that I can't seem to connect from PT2)
Today I just bought PT3 (haven't installed it yet)
Have been playing the last few days with an older OBDC data base and importing into all new hands into it
What will be the easiest way for me to have my entire database on PT3.

Thanks

Danny
DRedstone
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 pm

After that I can't seem to connect from PT2)


Why can't you connect? Does it give an error? If it does, then what is it exactly?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby DRedstone » Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm

I get error 1 when trying to go to PostgresSQL database options..

can not connect....

Also, in my data folder I can't find any file that looks like a database, though my data folder is big enough so it should be there somewhere

Do I need to convert my PT database to postgresSQL in order to convert it to PT3 format?

Which PT3 version should I download, with or w/o postgres?
DRedstone
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 pm

You cant' just reinstall PostgreSQL and expect to find the database like this, it's not that simple.

Install this version of PostgreSQL
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/downloa ... .2.6-2.zip

Then see this post to try to have it use the old data folder...
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=11675

If you can get this working again then you can install the version of PT3 WITHOUT PostgreSQL.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby DRedstone » Mon May 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Yeah, tried all of that.

Will try again.

So bottom line is I have to have PT2 database in postgresSQL before being able to convert it to PT3 database?

How about just importing all 250k hands, is there an opttion in PT3 to do a huge hand import and let it work over night or something?
DRedstone
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 26, 2008 5:08 pm

If you still have all your hand history files then yes, you could just reimport them all into PT3. It's much faster to import than PT2, it won't take nearly that long.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby DRedstone » Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 pm

cool, so I'll just do that.

Any tips before downloading and installing PT3?
DRedstone
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Retriving a PT2 databse into new PT3

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 26, 2008 5:25 pm

I would recommend then to download the version of PT3 WITH PostgreSQL so that it installs the latest (8.3) on your computer.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest