new hard drive installing postgre sql...error on install

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

new hard drive installing postgre sql...error on install

Postby CarpeDiem » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi Pat!

Thanks for the help on my earlier issue. Now this...

Upon installing PT3 & installing sql for it, I get a dialogue box that says, "error" in blue at the top and

Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in C\program files\Posgresql\8.3\tmp\initdb.log
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK, or it will be automatically removed.

So I open this logfile and get this...

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "SYSTEM".
This user must also own the server process.

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English_United States.1252.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

initdb: directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data" exists but is not empty
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data" or run initdb
with an argument other than "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/data".

My data file is 2.6 gigs and so I'm not excited to empty it, assuming that these are my current database files. What should I do?
CarpeDiem
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:54 am

Re: new hard drive installing postgre sql...error on install

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 am

I don't understand. You are getting this error installing PT3?? If so, and you already have PostgreSQL installed for use with PT2 then you don't need to install it again for PT3. Get the PT3 install file that doesn't include PostgreSQL.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest