problems installing postgresql

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

problems installing postgresql

Postby lauwejan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

ok, I'm trying to install postgresql and failing miserably... =/

first I got some error in the last step of the installation process, don't remember what it was, so I tried again, altering the "account domain" in the third step (I got a pop up there the 1st time that it didn't find the specified domain and had to create a new one), and then got this error:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/9715143832.jpg

so I tried a third time and didn't get past the 4th step:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/9715143874.jpg

I'm a total computer n00b and have no clue on how to get this postgresql to work

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

edit: can't even get the pics posted inline, so just made 2 urls
lauwejan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 pm

What email was used to purchase the program? I have no record of this one used for the forum.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby lauwejan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:20 pm

[email protected]

got my key via a promotion on pokerlizard.com
lauwejan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:24 pm

You need to delete the c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\data folder and then reinstall it.

Leave everything set to the default values, you should only have to enter a password on 2 windows when prompted.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby lauwejan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:48 am

ok, thanks! that worked, however, I ran into a new problem

I followed these steps:
In Poker Tracker, open the Utilities/PostgreSQL Settings window and enter your user name and password information. (NOTE: the user name, if you used the default will be "postgres").
The next step would be to convert your Access database(s) to PostgreSQL, use the Utilities/Convert Database option for this purpose.

I didn't know which settings to use in the utilities window so I gamb00led and chose ansi and unicode, see pic:

http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/9803360954.jpg

then I tried to convert, but somewhere near the end (maybe 90% in) I got some kind of duplication error, existing files couldn't be overwritten and the conversion failed

now I'm lost again :|
lauwejan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:27 am

The ODBC Settings should be PostgreSQL Unicode.

If you get an error again then you need to copy the text exactly or take a screen print of it so I know what it is.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby lauwejan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:59 pm

ok, same thing went wrong, if I remember correctly:

http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/9813524363.jpg

edit: fwiw I thought pt was almost finished converting
lauwejan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:37 pm

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. What is the size of the hhdb.mdb file?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby lauwejan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:07 pm

387 mb
lauwejan
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Re: problems installing postgresql

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

If you can ZIP that file and FTP it to me I will try to fix it and send it back...

I will PM you with directions.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests