Recovering a Database

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Recovering a Database

Postby Henry17 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 pm

My tablet died and is not worth repairing. I removed the HD and have it in a USB HD case and am able to access everything on it. I bought a new desktop and have been playing on it for since the tablet died. My goal is to now recover the old database from the dead machine and merge it with the small database from the last ~20 days.

I never backed up my Postgre database. I do have access to the Data folder.

My understanding is that I should

1) export the hands in the new database
2) copy the old data directory to the new computer
3) import the hands I exported in step 1

Is that correct or is there a different solution?
Henry17
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Re: Recovering a Database

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:26 pm

See my reply (2nd post of this thread) to this person...
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2307
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests