Page 1 of 1

Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:58 am
by jockodundee
I've loaded PT2 databases at least 500 times before.

When creating a DB backup from vers 2.17.03b, I create a .backup file and if I go to restore, PT2 looks for a .backup file and will load it, but in version 2.17.04g on a new computer, PT2 wants files of type pg_restore.exe to restore. Is this normal?

I have looked at the previous problems people have had with restoring. Of course, I am also having problems loading thru pgAdmin.

thanks.

Re: Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 am
by ptrack pat
If you are using PostgreSQL 8.3 then browse to c:\program files\postgresql\8.3\bin and select the file from there.

Re: Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:29 pm
by jockodundee
I thought PAD doesnt work with postgres version 3?

Re: Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:41 pm
by ptrack pat
I don't think it does. If you installed 8.3 on the new PC you need to uninstall it and install 8.2 and then restore the databases again.

Re: Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 pm
by jockodundee
I already did this.

Any idea why restoring a big database in PGAdmin, I am getting an error when restoring data for table "holdem-hand_histories": "pg_restore: [custom archiver] out of memory" even though I have 120 gb of free memory?

Re: Restoring DB - Why is there a dif from 2.17.03b?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 am
by ptrack pat
There is no such table in PT2. If you are doing restoring PT3 databases you need to be posting these issues on that forum.