Page 1 of 1

PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:05 pm
by Nbluffn38off
I have downloaded PostgreSQL 8.3 and successfully following your

PokerTracker™
Manual Uninstall/Reinstall
of PostgreSQL 8.3


to the end and gets nothing but succesfull messages. So i open Task Manager to check if everything is OK - but none of the wantied entries appear. So I follow the next step and tries to start by

Start‐>Programs‐>PostgreSQL 8.3‐>Start Service.

A cmd window then opens and the message that the sevice is starting up appers and a lot of dots slowly grows behind it. The window stays open fo a long time - then disappears - but still no processes visible.

The reason I started this all was another poster that described terribly high CPU usage while running Tourneytime+ - but not while running Gametime+ on a laptop - and thats exactly my symptoms too - only that my CPU usage goes all the way up to 100% and gets windows to lock and once forced me unvolontarily to fold a KK...


So you yourself writes If it is not, then please contact PokerTracker support for assis and that I've now done

How can I get pass this problem?

Re: PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 am
by kraada
Have you created a support ticket on our support system? If so, we will get back to you through your ticket. If not, I recommend doing that.

Incidentally, as far as I'm aware, Gametime+ and Tourneytime+ only work with PTv2 not PT3; PT3 has its own built in HUD that functions while PT3 is running and auto importing.

Re: PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:09 pm
by Nbluffn38off
Thank you for your kind response. I'm running PT2 - so thats fine. Well - I ran a virus check - found a few minor things and made a thourough cleanup , defrag and the lot really. Uninstalled PostgreSQL, the driver + + + -made a diskcheck and you name it. Then i turned of my MySQL server ( wonder if that caused a conflict possibly???) - and reinstalled with success.

Up and running

Re: PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm
by Nbluffn38off
Why was I so happy? - well it seems ta have taken my a bit further anyway - now I am trying to convert the Access databsae to PostgreSQL

I've used the settings: 5432 - localhost - postgre - my passwoord - Postgre SQLUNICODE - UNICODE

and then get following message

Error connecting to the hand history database
0- Transaction already connected


Now what`?

Re: PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:51 pm
by kraada
You inadvertently created this thread in the PT3 forum; I'm moving it to the PTv2 forum where you'll get better assistance.

Re: PosgreSQL 8.3 not starting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:24 pm
by ptrack pat
Please PM me with the email address you used to purchase PT2. I have no record of the one you used for this site.