Page 1 of 1

Unable to connect to the database.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:50 am
by 88keyz
I am getting an error whenever I open my PT2 and I cannot to my database. I have been using my PT2 setup for over a year and this is the first time I had this problem. (It could have been because I overclocked my computer today).

"Unable to connect to the database.

101 - SQLSTATE = 08001
could not connect to server; Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

I have already "stopped service" and "started service" through Start Menu Programs and I still cannot connect.

I have also reinstalled Postgre 8.2.6.2 (the one that I've been using successfully for over a year) and it still doesn't work.

Re: Unable to connect to the database.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 am
by 88keyz
Someone help me with this please...urgent

Re: Unable to connect to the database.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 am
by 88keyz
Found solution on another thread:
Go to the c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\data folder. Is there a file called postmaster.pid there? If so, delete it and restart the computer and try it again. If it still fails, go to the Start menu and select Settings > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services - find PostgreSQL in the list. Is it started? If not, try to start it. Does it give an error?

Restarting the service under Admin Tools fixed the problem.