Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby GrafhamGrinder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 am

Hi, I am trying to create a Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown but for some reason PT3 is telling me my "Value expression is NOT valid"

My equation is

(cnt_t_check_raise/cnt_won_showdown)*100

Can you guys help?
GrafhamGrinder
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Put a space either side of the /
I don't know why that matters, but I just tried it and that solves it.

I'm not sure you're doing quite the right thing, though.
What I think you want is:
( count (checkraise turn AND win showdown) / checkraise turn ) * 100.

So you will need to create another column; cnt_t_cr_and_win_sd (or whatever you want to call it), then the formula is:
( cnt_t_cr_and_win_sd / cnt_t_check_raise ) * 100

Does that make sense?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby GrafhamGrinder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi, that does make sense but again im having a problem creating the new column to create cnt_t_cr_and_win_sd . Could you give me the foruma to put in?

Thanks
GrafhamGrinder
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:46 pm

sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_cbet AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand, 1, 0])

The trick with things like this is to look how the other stats are built - I worked this one out by looking at the cnt_won_showdown column and duplicating it then adding the case where you checkraised the turn.

Edit: The "if" statement is
if [<clause>, <value if clause is true>, <value if clause is false>]
So if all the 3 database values are true then the <clause> is true, and hence the value is 1.
The "sum" then counts how many times this is true by adding up all the 1's.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby GrafhamGrinder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Cheers for the quick replies I appreciate it, but Im still having problems. I tried to create the column

sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_cbet AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand, 1, 0])
count ( holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_t_cbet )

But it still says the expession is invalid.
GrafhamGrinder
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Sorry, remove the bottom line - the count line, that shouldn't be there!
I'll edit my previous post..
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Check Raise Turn Won at Showdown

Postby GrafhamGrinder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks for the help. Ive got it imported.
GrafhamGrinder
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests