Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Postby PeteX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:13 am

I'm experimenting with the live stats for HU SNG-use. However, when looking at the live_player_stats, specifically the amt_stack, I'm getting mixed results in the replayer. I'm stepping through all the hands of a particular HU SNG, starting from hand #1 onwards. At first the amt_stack looks ok for the first few hands, the value is exactly the amount in my on the next hand after posting blinds. However, after moving forward (note that I'm not replaying the play in the hands, I'm just stepping forward using the next-hand button) for a few hands, the amt_stack gets mixed up.

Here is an example of the values that I get:

(Here Hero: value is stack before blinds)
Hand #1: Hero: 1500, Blind: 10, amt_before nothing amt_stack nothing
Hand #2: Hero: 1460, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1460, amt_stack: 1440 (ok)
Hand #3: Hero: 1440, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1440, amt_stack: 1430 (ok)
Hand #4: Hero: 1430, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1430, amt_stack: 1410 (ok)
Hand #5: Hero: 1410, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1410, amt_stack: 1400 (ok)
Hand #6: Hero: 1400, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1400, amt_stack: 1500 (ERROR: Should be 1400)
Hand #7: Hero: 1500, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1500, amt_stack: 1490 (OK)
Hand #8: Hero: 1490, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1490, amt_stack: 1450 (ERROR: Should be 1470)
Hand #9: Hero: 1450, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1450, amt_stack: 1440 (OK)
Hand #10: Hero: 1440, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1440, amt_stack: 1480 (ERROR: Should be 1420)
Hand #11: Hero: 1480, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1480, amt_stack: 1470 (OK)
Hand #12: Hero: 1470, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1470, amt_stack: 1430 (ERROR: Should be 1450)
Hand #13: Hero: 1430, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1430, amt_stack: 1420 (OK)
Hand #14: Hero: 1420, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1420, amt_stack: 1380 (ERROR: Should be 1400)
Hand #15: Hero: 1380, Blind: 10, amt_before: 1380, amt_stack: 1400 (ERROR: Should be 1370)
Hand #16: Hero: 1400, Blind: 20, amt_before: 1400, amt_stack: 1520 (ERROR: Should be 1380)
(here the blinds go up to 20/40 so I'll stop here)

So the amt_before-value looks to be ok all the time, but I'd really need the amt_stack-value to get an accurate stack-size for the current hand after posting the blind. And as you can see, it starts out ok, but then starts getting wrong every other hand and then becomes wrong every hand a few hands before stepping up the next level.

Is this a known issue with the replayer? Should the "live" values be correct with the replayer?

I've also tried the same thing with PT4 and replaying the exact same tourney and the results are similar, the live_amt_stack gets mixed up just like with PT3.

If you wish, I can make a support ticket of this and export and attach the hand histories from this tourney.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Postby kraada » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:28 am

This is the first that I've heard of this particular issue. If you could export those hands and attach them to a support ticket for us so that we could run these tests on our end as well that would be a great help in figuring out and fixing this particular problem.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Postby PeteX » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:46 am

Ticket #122491 created for this issue with the attached hands + tourney summary.
PeteX
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Postby kraada » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks, we appreciate it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Live amt_stack seems incorrect at times

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:32 am

The live stats mechanism wasn't really designed for use in the Replayer as it is based on information from the end of the previous hand. In the Replayer there may not be a previous hand, or the previous hand may be from a different table entirely. Currently live stats show the value from the end of the hand being replayed, rather than the start.

I'm told we have a fix coming for this in PT4 soon. I'll get back to you via your ticket and link it into our system so that you get a notification when the fix is released.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest