limp success

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

limp success

Postby js2002 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:25 pm

sum( if[
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_saw AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise = false AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_call = 1, 1, 0] )


Do you think this makes sence? So, are all these necessary or are the first 2 enough 4 this stat?
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: limp success

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:03 pm

That makes sense - I don't think you need them all, though.

You need flg_f_saw (or "NOT(flg_p_fold)" would work too), but then, for instance, if you don't raise and don't face a raise and only call once, you don't need flg_p_limp. It won't do any harm, though, although I guess that extra check will slow things down a fraction.

This won't include BB hands, though, because you don't "limp" - but then I guess you probably don't want to include those hands, eh?

You could actually probably get away with just "NOT(face raise) AND raise=0 AND saw flop", but that would include the BB hands where you got a free look.


Just FYI; (flg_p_face_raise=false) == (NOT flg_p_face_raise)
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: limp success

Postby js2002 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:35 pm

I just want to have the hands where I volantary limped into pot. (Ah: Is a SB complete == limp ? )

Ithink now that limping and getting raised is no success (only if u wanted the raise, but intention is not stat-able) !
So, I think the not face raise ist good in there.

Why do u always* eplain that not xy == xy = false ? Is the not expression less complex 4 CPU or DB or sth ?
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: limp success

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 pm

js2002 wrote:I just want to have the hands where I volantary limped into pot. (Ah: Is a SB complete == limp ? )

Yes, sorry - I meant to tell you that! Must have got distracted.. SB completing counts as a limp.

Ithink now that limping and getting raised is no success (only if u wanted the raise, but intention is not stat-able) !
So, I think the not face raise ist good in there.

I assumed you meant that you don't want to count raises - I agree that you need 'not face raise'.

Why do u always* eplain that not xy == xy = false ? Is the not expression less complex 4 CPU or DB or sth ?

Sorry, am I boring you? ;) :oops: I didn't remember it was you I'd said this to before. I'll probably do it again, too, so I apologise in advance!
I don't think it really makes any difference - just personal preference.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests