Looking at your Stats through the eyes of your opponent

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking at your Stats through the eyes of your opponent

Postby SMACK68 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:05 am

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if i have posted this in the correct forum so please feel free to move it where appropriate

I need help with the following.

I would like to see my stats through the eyes of my opponent.

As an example Opponent "X" who I have played some 500 hands together across a variety of different sessions on different days, I would like to see what my stats would look like to him during those 500 hands where we were seated at the same table (not just the hands where we were both involved in).

This would be very useful in understanding how some of the Regs are perceiving you.
SMACK68
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 am

Re: Looking at your Stats through the eyes of your opponent

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am

This is not easy, and is a dangerous thing to do, because some of the regs will be datamining so will have hands on you where they weren't at the table, and if you base your play on what you think they think of you given this subset of your hands, you may mislead yourself.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Looking at your Stats through the eyes of your opponent

Postby SMACK68 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:57 pm

WhiteRider wrote:This is not easy, and is a dangerous thing to do, because some of the regs will be datamining so will have hands on you where they weren't at the table, and if you base your play on what you think they think of you given this subset of your hands, you may mislead yourself.


Thanks for the feedback Rider. I am not concerned about Data Mining as the site I play on does not allow it (iPoker Network). You couldn't data mine this site without using screen scrapers etc...

In any case Data mining would not deter me. Even if you could data mine a Villain would be silly to draw a different set of conclusions as a result of reviewing hands he was not involved with. My reasoning behind this is due to the fact that most players these days are capable of changing the way they play depending on their opponents at the table and general table conditions.

So how difficult is my request?

Apart for the usual stats "VP$IP,PFR,Af, ATS: CBet Flop, 3Bet total, WTSD, W$SD etc..) I am also curious to see what $ I won/lost at the table during the time we played at the same table.

Pardon the expression but am I flogging a dead horse?
SMACK68
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 am

Re: Looking at your Stats through the eyes of your opponent

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 am

It's not possible at the moment - you can't get information about specific opponents in the hands, only the number of opponents and your own actions.

Also, plenty of people datamine at iPoker, so while I'm not saying the information you're after doesn't have value, I think you need to be careful about reading too much into it.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests